The Selectboard meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 6:30 pm at the Town Office. Members of the public are welcome. If you would like to have a topic included in the agenda, please contact the Town Administrator by Noon on the Wednesday immediately preceding the meeting. Meetings are recorded by BCTV, posted on their website (www.brattleborotv.org), YouTube, and played on local cable television.
Selectboard members are elected by Australian ballot on Town Meeting Day. Three of the Selectboard positions are elected to staggered 3-year terms; the remaining two positions are elected to staggered 2-year terms. The Selectboard has general supervision and control over the affairs of the town. The Selectboard performs legislatively (enacting local ordinances, regulations and policies); administratively (preparing and presenting the budgets, overseeing expenditures, supervising personnel) and quasi-judicially (hearing appeals as the local Board of Health or Board of Civil Authority).
Among the Selectboard’s duties and responsibilities are:
- Enacting ordinances and policies for traffic regulation, nuisance control, solid waste management, animal control, road management, recreational facilities, etc.
- Warning all Town Meetings (annual and special), specifying the business to be conducted at the meeting, including proposed budgets.
- Hiring town employees; establishing and enforcing personnel policies, setting salaries, directing and disciplining employees.
- Authorizing all town expenditures by signing orders for the Treasurer to draw town funds.
- Supervising the expenditure of the Highway Fund and keeping town highways in repair; laying out, classifying and discontinuing town roads.
- Appointing a registered voter of Guilford to fill any vacated elected town office until an election is held.
- Appointing and removing town officers and commission members, including constable, animal control officer, fence viewer, pound keeper, inspector of lumber, tree warden, planning and conservation commissioners.
- Adopting the Town Plan (unless the town votes to adopt it by Australian ballot).
- Serving as members of the Board of Civil Authority and the Board of Health.
Current Board Members
|Michael Becker||3 year term||2022|
|Verandah Porche||3 year term||2020|
|Gordon Little||2 year term||2020|
|Sheila Morse, Chair||3 year term||2021|
|Richard Wizansky, Vice-chair||2 year term||2021|
Current Selectboard Agenda
- Selectboard Minutes 07.08.19 DRAFT
- Selectboard Minutes 06.24.19
- Selectboard Minutes 06.10.19
- Selectboard Special Minutes 06.04.19
- Selectboard Minutes 05.29.19
- Selectboard Minutes 05.13.19
- Algiers Traffic Safety Minutes 05.09.19
- Selectboard Minutes 04.22.19
- Selectboard Minutes 04.08.19
- Selectboard Minutes 4/8/19
- Selectboard Minutes 03.25.19
- Selectboard Minutes 03.11.19