Land records (Deeds, Mortgages, Discharges, Liens, etc.) are indexed and available for viewing and copying during most regular town office hours. Vermont recording fees will increase as of July 1, 2019.
- Copies of records remain at $1.00 per page
- Summary of Vermont Recording Fee Changes Per H.526
- (approved by VT Legislature 2019 session)
- For Attorneys, Title Agents, Realtors, Researchers, Financial Institutions 32 V.S.A. §1671
- Effective: July 1, 2019
- Document recording fees * from $10/page to $15/page
- PTTR (Property transfer tax return) recording fees from $10/document to $15/document
- Survey plat recording fees from $15/sheet to $25/sheet
- Certified copy of records remain at $10/page (no change)
- Examination of records (time in vault) from $2/hour to $4/hour *
- Documents include all items recorded in the land records (deeds, mortgages, assignments, liens, releases, permits)
- * Multiple assignments or releases included on one document are charged $15/assignment or release.
- See Clerk with any questions.