Attention Guilford residents: Carpenter Hill Road will be closed to through traffic from 09.24.19 through 11.08.19 for the replacement of two culverts. Please find an alternate route.
The Selectboard has two topics of note:
- The Selectboard had a request from Paul Belogour for permission to upgrade the Town’s Class 3 and Class 4 sections of Stony Hill Road South to current standards, up the the point where it meets his driveway – at his expense. The Selectboard is considering the request and will make a decision at the 08.26.19 Selectboard meeting. The public is invited to submit any comments to email@example.com (or phone 802.254.6857 or in person at the Town Office) until Wednesday 08.21.19. The Selectboard is not holding a formal public hearing but are curious to know if residents have thoughts on the topic.
- Reminder: The Selectboard invites anyone who’s interested in filling the soon-to-be vacant Selectboard seat to express their interest in a brief letter, much as is done in the February issue of the Gazette prior to Town Meeting Day. Please indicate background, interest, what you might contribute, etc. The Selectboard will consider all interested parties until next Wednesday, 08.21.19 and will make the appointment at the 08.26.19 Selectboard meeting.
Beginning Wednesday, 14th August 2019, Bazin Bros Trucking will begin a repaving project on Guilford Center Road starting approximately at Tater Lane (the Blueberry House) and ending at the Weatherhead Hollow Road bridge. After that is completed, a paving project will begin on Weatherhead Hollow Road starting at the bridge with Guilford Center Road and ending approximately at Yeaw Road.
This project will take approximately 1 week to complete. Approximately two weeks later they will return to complete installation of shoulders.
Please drive slowly and be aware of flaggers and our paving crew.
Guilford residents, businesses, and developers: Please see the following message from the USPS regarding mail delivery points.USPS-Mail-Delivery-Points-for-Business-Multi-unit
The Town of Guilford is looking for volunteers to fill the following roles in Town. If you are interested in one of these roles or in more information, please contact Town Administrator, Peder Rude on 802-254-6857 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Constable (small stipend for position)
- Dog Officer (small stipend for position)
- Deputy Health Officer (volunteer)
- Conservation Commission (volunteer)
- Planning Commission (volunteer)
- Recreation Commission (volunteer)
- Energy Coordinator (volunteer)
- Bullock Education Scholarship Committee (volunteer)
OPEN POSITIONS: Constable and Dog Officer. Training and hours on the job are paid. Please contact Peder Rude in the Town Office for further details and job description — 802.254.6857