Dogs and Wolf Hybrids over six months of age must be registered and licensed each year by April 1. You can renew your dog’s license any time between January 10th and April 1st. Please remember to bring a copies of the current rabies vaccine and spay/neutering (if applicable) certificates (unless you are renewing and your certificate has not expired). A dog obtained after April 1st, or that reaches the age of six months after April 1st, must be licensed within 30 days. New residents have 90 days to register animals before penalties apply.
- Neutered/Spayed: $9.00
- Unneutered/Unspayed: $13.00
- After April 1, fees will include a late fee ($2.00 for spayed/neutered, $4.00 for Unneutered/Unspayed) and will be subject to a late penalty ($25.00).
You can renew your dog license by mail by sending to the Guilford Town Office:
- Current rabies certificate
- Self addressed, stamped ($0.70) return envelope
- Check payable to the Town of Guilford
- This information must be received on or before April 1st.
Dogs kept for breeding purposes may be licensed with a special license annually on or before April 1, provided that:
- The animals will be kept in a proper enclosure;
- They are properly immunized against rabies; and
- The owner pays $30.00 for the first ten or fewer animals and $3.00 extra for each additional animal.
- Dogs registered under this special license are exempt from other fees, but a Kennel Permit must be obtained.
Owners of two or more dogs more than six months old kept for breeding purposes except for the owner’s own use are required to apply for a kennel permit for a fee of $10. The kennel permit, which must be renewed each year by April 1st, must be prominently displayed on the premises where the kennel is located.